At MJH Life Sciences, we wholeheartedly embrace our fundamental values of service-focus, passion for winning, innovation, respect, integrity, and teamwork (SPIRIT), which extends to actively supporting our communities. Moreover, we recognize and celebrate the immense diversity of expertise and talent within these communities, as a valuable differentiator. MJH seeks to collaborate with suppliers who not only mirror our communities but also trust us as reliable members of these communities. By attracting and retaining a diverse and highly qualified pool of suppliers, fortifying the presence of diverse suppliers near MJH’s operational sphere, and providing comprehensive and transparent reporting, our overarching objective is to establish and sustain an inclusive and diverse supply chain.
MJH defines a “Diverse Supplier” as a business entity that furnishes materials, goods, and/or services to MJH. This category encompasses contractors, subcontractors, vendors, consultants, freelancers, advisory boards, and faculty. To be recognized as a Diverse Supplier, a business must be at least fifty-one percent (51%) owned, managed, and controlled by a diverse individual or group from one or more of the following classifications:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Subcontinent Asian
- Black/African American
- Woman Business Enterprise (WBE)
- LGBTQ Business Enterprise (LGBTBE)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Small Business (As defined by Industry Canada or the U.S. Small Business Administration, encompassing classifications such as Woman-Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged, Small Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, and HUBZone)
As we advocate for attracting and retaining a diverse and highly skilled pool of suppliers, we steadfastly uphold the following key principles:
- We recognize that a vibrant and diverse supplier community is of utmost importance for sustained economic vitality. Consequently, we proactively seek opportunities to engage with a competitive and diverse array of suppliers.
- We wholeheartedly endorse policies and practices that promote fairness and inclusivity. Our Supplier Diversity Program stands as an integral part of our overarching Diversity & Inclusion endeavours, as explicitly outlined in our corporate objectives.
- We encourage diverse suppliers to proactively identify themselves to MJH.
- We actively foster collaborative supplier relationships that not only fortify our communities but also invigorate diverse-owned businesses within these communities. Our program is thoughtfully designed to reflect the unique characteristics of the communities in which we operate.
- We actively promote diversity at multiple levels within our intricate supply chain. In line with this, we expect our suppliers to work in a spirit of cooperation with the diverse suppliers that MJH identifies, while concurrently developing and leveraging their own diverse suppliers during their tenure on behalf of MJH.
- We approach the reporting of our Supplier Diversity Program performance with the utmost integrity and transparency, in compliance with our core values.
This commitment to supplier diversity is a shared responsibility that encompasses MJH, its affiliates, employees, and contractors. We conduct our business in a manner that embodies the above principles. To ensure the effective implementation of these principles, MJH actively provides leadership and allocates necessary resources. This includes developing comprehensive implementation strategies and specific action plans. Additionally, we pledge to periodically review this policy, guaranteeing its continued relevance and alignment with evolving expectations.